Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

August 18, 2015

Terrific Tuesday Challenge - Summer Fun

Welcome to another Terrific Tuesday Challenge over at Scrappy Moms Stamps.  Our theme for this challenge is "Summer Fun".  For my project, I created a double page layout.  My son was a lifeguard at the local pool during the summer so this challenge give me the perfect opportunity to memorialize his first job.  I used the Life is a Beach cartridge for all of the die cuts on my layout with the exception of the lifeguard.  He was cut from the Fun in the Sun cartridge and his face was stamped with the Simple Simons Face Assortment Peachy Keen Stamps.
I was going for a cool looking lifeguard but this guy looks kind of nerdy.  My husband and son got a big kick out of his outfit and glasses.
I embellished my layout with some coordinating Cranberry Trendy Twine.  A few pieces of bling accented the umbrella tops and the flip flops.  I added several sentiments from the Scrappy Moms "Sun Kissed" stamp set.  They were all so perfect for my layout, I ended up using 4 different sentiments.
Please stop by Scrappy Moms Stamps to check out all of the design team projects and to link up your "Summer Fun" themed project to win a stamp set of your choice.  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

8 comments:

  1. Sukie, Totally summer fun going on in your layout. So fabulous. I love it.
    TTFN

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout is so fun and just full of details Sukie!! I don't know how you do it! That paper and the lifeguard with the PKS face!! So fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun lay-out! He looks like a very cool lifeguard! Carri~Abusybee
    Skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, you make the most amazing layouts, Sukie!! This is absolutely fabulous!! I love all of the details you added!! The lifeguard is adorable with his PK face!! He doesn't look nerdy to me :) Love, love this my friend!! You are amazing!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to cool Sukie! I love how this turned out! The cuts are just adorable especially love the nerdy life guard! Fun banner of swim trucks is awesome to! Super cool and fantastic job on this spread!
    Have a super day Sukie!
    Sherrie k

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sukie, you so perfectly captured summertime fun in this Layout! You incorporated so many wonderful elements, adding the perfect Sukie touches throughout. :o) The lifeguard is adorable and the banner is so unique. Lovely work once again. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome Sukie! Fun Way to share your sons first job!! And that Life guard is more funny than nerdy to me! LOL This is wonderful!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete