Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

February 22, 2016

Happy Birthday

Happy Monday!  I have a busy month of birthdays in my family in March so I got a jump start on creating a birthday card using the sketch from the February challenge over at DCWV.  I used the Sweet Stack from DCWV and went with a softer color combination than I usually lean toward.
The cupcake was cut from the Baby Steps cartridge, wrapped with a bit of Chocolate Cupcake Trendy Twine and accented with a flower.  I added a bit of sparkle to both of the flowers with some Stickles. A few enamel dots were scattered around the cupcake which was popped up on foam dots for added dimension.  I finished off my card with a sentiment from the Scrappy Moms Hooray for Birthdays stamp set.
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a wonderful day!

9 comments:

  1. That's a card anyone would love to receive. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card. Love the papers the cute flowers and the layering. Perfect birthday card.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
    ♥ Paper & Stitches ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet, Sukie!! I love the cupcake!! You decorated it beautifully!! It looks yummy!! The papers are perfect!! Have a great day my friend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sukie, this is the loveliest mix of sweetness and elegance! Have you ever seen such a beautiful cupcake?! Your embellishing and paper choices are complete perfection. The layering is so pretty and I love the sprinkling of enamel dots. Gorgeous work, my kind and talented friend. Have a beautiful day. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pattern papers and layering! I love the yummy cupcake!! Fabulous design!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty Sukie! Love the soft colors and that yummy cupcake!
    Have a great day!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete