Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

February 11, 2016

XOXO - Love

Hello, today I have a Valentine's Day post to share using some fun products from Oriental Trading. I'm not sure how many of my crafty friends know that Oriental Trading carries lots of crafty supplies, I especially love all of the products they have for scrapbooking and paper crafts.  Today I am sharing some fun cards I created with these products.  All of the papers I used are from the Rainbow Paper Pack and the solid Super 150 Paper Sheets.  They cut beautifully in my Cricut Explore using the light card stock setting.
My first card is a shaker style card created with the Bright Sequin Assortment using the red sequins. The flag was cut from the Pretty Pennants cartridge with a heart sliced in the center.  If you love sequins you will want to pick these up, it is amazing how many sequins you get.  The bags are huge and include a variety of colors.  I especially love the bright colors.  My card was embellished with an XOXO Flat Brad.  I didn't actually use the brad, however instead used the Stick-Em Adhesive Dots to adhere the XOXO portion to my card.  A bit of Cherry Cupcake Trendy Twine was used to accent my card.
For my next card, I took another approach to a shaker style card and simply inserted the silver sequins from the Bright Sequin Assortment into the heart.  The "love" was cut from the Create a Critter cartridge.  A small paper heart was added to the top of the clear acetate.  The heart was outlined with the Cherry Cupcake Trendy Twine.  I embossed the remaining letters of the word to keep them from blending into the background of my card.  A small sentiment from  the Happy Valentine's Day Printable was adhered to the top corner of my card.
My final card is probably my favorite of the bunch.  I used some dies from my stash to create the love scene inside the polaroid frame.  The polaroid frame was cut from the When I was a Kid cartridge.  All of the papers coordinated so perfectly, the scattered sequins were used as an accent.  I die cut the hearts from paper left over from my first 2 cards.  Another XOXO flat brad was adhered to the bottom of the polaroid frame.  The final touch was a coordinating Patterned Wood Button with a bit more twine.
I hoped you enjoyed checking out some of my projects using my new goodies from Oriental Trading. Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great day!

This review is based strictly on my opinion.  I was provided the samples free of charge by Oriental Trading to provide my honest review.  No other type of compensation was received.  All ideas and opinions are my own.  
Challenges:

21 comments:

  1. You really did a great job on your cards! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Valentine's Day cards are all adorable! Love the shakers and cute designs~I need to check out Oriental Trading for some crafty supplies:)
    Sherrie k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards my friend!! I just ordered their catalogs.
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M


    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty Valentine's Day Cards! I love that the first two are shaker cards, especially the one with heart shaped shaker ~ that one looks amazing! I also like your last card too with the XOX's! Thanks for playing along with us at DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All three of your cards are gorgeous, Sukie!! I love the designs and the shakers!! The papers and embellishments are fabulous!! You showcased their products perfectly!! Thanks so much for playing along at DL.ART!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGOSH - those are ALL fabulous Sukie! I use to order from them a lot... but have backed off --- They have fabulous crafty supplies - and you've shown that by your fabulous designs! Have a wonderful day!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love love your cards! They are all absolutely perfect! Thank you for joining us at BBTB2!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all three, but the shaker one is really my fave.
    Thank you for entering the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY challenge #174-“Pink, Red and/or Hearts” for this challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are so cute! Thanks for the tip about Oriental Trading craft supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous trio of Valentine cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All 3 are too darn cute. Love them all but especially the shaker cards.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
    ♥ Paper & Stitches ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, I love all of your fabulous cards. The shaker cards are so much fun. If I had to choose one, I absolutely couldn't. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh, I love all of your fabulous cards. The shaker cards are so much fun. If I had to choose one, I absolutely couldn't. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your use of sequins and bright colors mixed all together. I love sparkle and bling. Great cards.

    thanks for joining our Heart Challenge at BBTB2 this past week - I enjoy all of your cards.

    maureen
    moknowsallcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cards are fantastic! Thanks so much for joining us for the FCCB challenge this week! Hugs, DT Karla

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are just awesome, as always! I love them!!
    Thanks for linking up your project this month!!
    Have a wonderful day!!
    Kimberly, Pink & Main Stamps DT Member :)
    Kimberly’s Crafty Spot
    Pink & Main Stamps, DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sukie your cards are fabulous! Thanks for joining us for this month’s challenge at Pink & Main Challenges.
    Stacey, DT Member
    Stacey’s Creative Corner
    Pink & Main, DT Member

    ReplyDelete