Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

May 8, 2016

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!  Today we have a special post over on the Trendy Twine blog to share some Mother's Day projects.  For my project, I created a purse style gift card holder and card set.  The purse closes on top with a velcro and is the perfect size to insert a gift card.  I used some elegant papers from the DCWV Everlasting Love Stack which coordinated perfectly with the Black Licorice Trendy Twine.  I used the twine to frame the border on both the purse and card.  I also created a purse handle with the twine by doubling it up and slightly twisting the 2 strands to keep them together.
The purse was embellished with a flower brad.  I cut a coordinating tassel out of the same paper, embellished it with a bit of washi tape and hung it off of the brad with a bit more twine.  The card is a 3x3 size which can also be tucked inside the purse.  The sentiment from the Scrappy Moms Dancing in Circles 2 (retired) stamp set was stamped on a couple of scalloped circles.  A small flower with a bling center was the finishing touch on the card.
Please head over to the Trendy Twine blog to check out all of the amazing projects created by my design team sisters.  Also, remember to check out the gorgeous twine and craft supplies available in the store.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a Happy Mother's Day!
Challenge:

8 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's day! I love your gift set! The purse is so darling and love the matching card! Fun papers~adorable idea!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so elegant and stunning, Sukie!! I love the beautiful purse!! The tassel is fabulous!! I love the papers and the matching card!! What an amazing gift set this is my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day!! I love the gorgeous purse and lovely card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your Mother's Day was Fabulous Sukie! Your Project is AMAZING! I LOVE that purse and matching card... so Elegant... the purse looks so real, it's awesome my friend! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my!! How fun is your super cute purse? That tassel is so fun and perfect!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This Mother's Day gift set is so beautiful! I love the papers you used and the way you used them was just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sukie, this is STUNNING! You work magic with DCWV papers.. and of course the twine you showcase. :o) This project is lovely. The colors are so elegant and I love the tassel and twine detailing! You are such an amazing crafter and it is a joy to see everything your heart dreams up. I hope you had a beautifully blessed Mother's Day, my sweet friend. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete