Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

June 23, 2016

Ouch Layout

Recently I came across some pictures that I never scrapbooked which inspired me to create this layout. Two years ago, my son broke his arm playing baseball and I have a couple of pictures of him getting his cast.  In all honesty, as I think about it I could probably create an entire scrapbook of all of his injuries over the past several years, yikes!
I started my layout page with the black and white paper from the DCWV Dots, Stripes, Plaids Stack and layered it with the legend paper which I found in my stash.  Most of the die cuts are from the Dr. Checkup cartridge, however, I did use a few other cartridges.
I used some chevron washi tape to accent a few of the die cuts and tags on my layout.  A bit of Cranberry Trendy Twine was used to embellish a few of my die cuts.
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a spectacular day!

14 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is so fabulous, Sukie!! I know I say this all the time, but you really do make the most creative and beautiful layouts!! All of the details you add are just perfect!! Love it my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super LO Sukie!!
    Love all the details and the beautiful papers!
    Bummer you have to scrap an injury....LOL but will be fun to look back at the pictures in the future. Unfortunately I have a few injury pics from baseball I could scrap too :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen a Ouch LO before. I love this one. What a cute and creative LO.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Paper & Stitches ♥
    ♥ Herbal Pantry ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely Amazing!!I love the fun theme!! Super fun details!
    You ROCK my friend!!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! You really did an amazing job on this LO. I cringe hearing about your son's injuries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. loved the colors of the layout. may hv to copy some for my granddaughters visit to the ER..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful layout. super design and Patriotic colors

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sukie!!! Looks like I'm back in action again! YAY me! I think I finally got my computer to run correctly or at least I hope so! Since I've missed soooo many posts I'm only gonna leave you a comment on this one otherwise it'll take me forever to catch up with everyone! I did Check out ALL your posts and first of all CONGRATS!!! That is awesome that you made the DCWV DT! No surprise to me of course - But I'm so happy for you and you'll make a great asset to the team! :) Your cards and layouts look wonderful and I'm just happy I can finally stop by to see what you've been up too - today's layout looks very cool! Have a wonderful day!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet Sukie, this is such a precious layout for the sad occasion! My heart hurts hearing how often your kiddo is injured, but I pray he grows stronger from them all. He is a trooper! Your layout is spectacular. I love the color palette and the brilliant way you incorporated several doctor elements. I'm pretty sure only you could have me say how adorable a bandaid is... but how sweet is the one with the twine?! It is filled and secured with love to bring health to your son. Amazing detailing throughout, as always. Thank you for the inspiration, my dear friend!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute layout! The cuts and design are fantastic! I love the little bandaids, so fun!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete