Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

July 1, 2016

DCWV - July Stack-a-holic Challenge

Hello, there's a new Stack-a-holic Challenge over at DCWV for July.  There's a new challenge every month with both a card sketch and a layout sketch.  I was inspired by the layout sketch and created this single page layout with the new Minty Lace stack available at AC Moore.  I just love the soft mints and pinks combined with the black and white papers. The background with the ampersand pattern is so awesome, although it's a tad difficult to see the mint and pink ampersands.  I'm also loving the sentiment tags which make it so easy to create a layout page. The tag I used for the title is one of my favorites, such a lovely reminder!
I added a few embellishments from my stash to accent my layout page. I tucked in a black doily and adorned it with the same bling that I used for the flower centers.  My photo mats were embellished with some Black Licorice Trendy Twine for a pop of color against the pale pink.  A bit of washi tape was used to decorate the smile tag and more washi was used to represent the chevrons in the sketch. A sprinkling of pink enamel dots was the finishing touch on my layout page.
Here is the layout sketch for the Stack-a-holic challenge which inspired my layout page:
Here is the card sketch for card makers:
More details will be available a bit later today so remember to head on over to DCWV to check out the design team projects and to enter this month's challenge for a chance to win a DCWV stack. Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a fantastic day!
Challenge:

7 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful Sukie!!!!
    Have a GREAT weekend and Happy 4th!!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, Sukie, this is absolutely stunning!! You've showcased the papers perfectly!! I love the doily and pretty flowers!! What a gorgeous layout this is!! Love it my friend!! Have a great holiday weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, a new challenge!!! Excellent LO as usual Sukie! :)

    Have a crafty day, Sonja
    ♥ Sugar Beans Cards ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sukie, this is gorgeous! I *love* this color palette.. it's elegant and beautiful. The ampersand paper is so pretty. Your layering is lovely. The doily and darling flowers accent the design to perfection. Thank you for the sweet inspiration, my friend! Your take on the sketch is stunning! Have a beautiful holiday weekend. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout Sukie. I love the beautiful papers and the way you tied the twine. The flowers and doily make for a perfect layout. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes July Linky Challenge. Katie-DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Layout is sooooo PRETTY Sukie... LOVE the design and the papers from DCWV..... Don't have an AC Moore anywhere near me... BUMMER! But I do have older stacks.... hoping to play along to the new challenge... Have a wonderful weekend!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your layout! Love the black and white color combo, the papers are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at DL.ART July Linky Challenge!

    ReplyDelete