Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

August 8, 2016

Trendy Twine - Treats

Hello! I have a back to school treat box to share over on the Trendy Twine blog today featuring lots of fun products from Annie's Paper Boutique.  I know most crafter think of pre-school and elementary school children when they think of back to school.  Well my daughter is leaving back to college after being home all summer and I thought it would be fun to send her back to school with a treat box more appropriate for her and her roommates. No better way to get back into the college setting than with some yummy treats.  I knew these treats would be a hit.
I recycled a clear box and tucked in a doily as decorative elements.  The mini treat cups were the inspiration for my project so I stacked them and added a shorty candy chute embellished with a bit of ice cream paper.  A bit of shred was added to the treat cups.  The small candy sacks were the perfect size for holding some sundae toppings. A mini wooden scoop was tucked into each candy sack and then sealed off with some washi tape and tied with some Raspberry Cupcake twine.  I also thought it would be perfect to include some wood spoons in the regular and mini size.  I wrapped them with some washi tape and put them into a medium candy bag.  A bit more twine was used to accent the bag.  Some paper straws were tucked into another medium candy bag.
I created a hand cut tag from some ice cream themed paper and added a chevron trendy page dot and more twine.  A paper clip with ribbon was clipped to the tag along with two hand cut flags with sentiments from the Scrappy Moms Ice Cream Social and Countless Occasions (retired) stamp sets. A white metal rim tag was embellished with a bit more twine and a paper flower with a bling center. I hung the tag off the corner of the box and secured it with a clear glue dot.  As a final accent, I wrapped the clear box with some chevron ribbon from May Arts.
Head on over to Annie's Paper Boutique to check out all of the packaging goodies used for my project and the gorgeous twine colors. Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a fabulous day!

7 comments:

  1. WOW! Girl, this project is so awesome! Not only did you use a TON of products from APB, the execution of using them is flawless and adorable too! I know your daughter will LOVE this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well my friend you created one cute and YUMMY treat box with an adult spin. I love all the embellishments and the green and pink colors. I know your daughter and her friends will enjoy. You are a great mom.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, this is the most amazing care package ever!! I love all of the details you added!! The sentiment is so sweet!! The individual goodies are awesome!! Wow!! I know your daughter adored this!! It's spectacular my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my... those all look so yummy! This is so perfect for your College student! She will appreciate the snacks and the fun way you presented them.... LOVE it! :) Have a great day!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh... my sprinkle-loving heart is racing! Sweet Sukie, this is the sweetest and loveliest treat box! Your daughter and her roomie are so blessed. I don't even know what to say... I just love this beyond words. The bright colors and papers, the darling sentiment, the perfect use of goodie bags and products... I am simply over-the-moon. Thank you for the sugary sweet inspiration, my friend. You are amazing. :o) Have a sparkly happy night!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful, Sukie!! A wonderful treat!! Love all of the super fun goodies!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Sukie this is such an amazing project and so clever! Your daughter will just love this I'm sure of it!! :)

    ReplyDelete