Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

September 2, 2016

DCWV - September Stack-a-holic Challenge

Hello!  There's a new Stack-a-holic Challenge over at DCWV for September.  Every month DCWV hosts a challenge with both a card sketch and a layout sketch.  I was inspired by the card sketch to create this Trick or Treat card with the new Halloween Night Stack from DCWV available at Joanns.
The only change I made to the sketch was to layer the banner on top instead of the base of the card, I really loved the fun banner strip so I placed it above the patterned paper.  I also added a pumpkin which was fussy cut from the papers and accented with some Copper Stickles.  A couple of twine embellishments with Trick or Treat Trendy Twine and a small Candy Corn charm from Blue Moon Beads was the finishing touch on my card.
Here is the sketch for the challenge which inspired my card:
Here is the layout sketch:
Head on over to DCWV to check out the design team projects and for the details on how enter this month's challenge for a chance to win a DCWV stack. Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a fantastic day and a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Super fun Halloween card! I love that card sketch this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun, Sukie!! The papers are so fabulous!! I love the banner!! That candy cane charm is a perfect touch!! Love it!! Have a wonderful weekend my friend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super CUTE Sukie! Fun Halloween card and I like that banner too... Cute cut out pumpkin.... Have a wonderful weekend!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super duper cute. Love the papers and the candy corn charm is the perfect touch.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ MCC Shop ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Sukie, this is such a fabulous take on the sketch! The papers are always amazing and your darling little charm adds extra sweetness! The pumpkin is darling, filled with sparkly character. DCWV is truly blessed to have you on their team. With every post, I am inspired. :o) Have a sparkly weekend, my dear friend!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute~the papers are fantastic (by the way, I have to get to Joanns) Your killing me with all these cute and adorable prints!!! Love the banner, pumpkin and fun charm! Love this!
    Hope you are having a wonderful wknd!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun take on the sketch!! I love the fun embellishment!! Super cute & fun!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete