Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

September 22, 2016

DCWV - Treat Jar

Hello! I have a project to share over on the DCWV blog featuring the new Lia Griffith Fall Paper Flowers and the Tags and Labels Stacks available at Joann stores.  Since today is the first day of Fall why not share a gift giving idea for the upcoming holiday season.  I created a "cookie mix in a jar" for a gift and wrapped the jar with some DCWV Gold Threaded Burlap. Although hard to see in the pictures, this burlap has sparkly gold accents throughout and is so beautiful.
The large flower was the perfect compliment to the treat jar.  I scrunched it up a bit since it was oversized and I didn't want it to cover all of the burlap.  A couple of leaves from the same stack were tucked in behind the flower and adhered with several glue dots.  Some jute was wrapped around the lid and a tag from the Lia Griffith Tags and Labels Stack was tied to the lid.  The finishing touch was a scalloped circle punched from the remaining scraps which was was adhered to the the lid of the jar.
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a fabulous day!

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous gift idea! I am totally loving the burlap/peony combination. I'm pretty sure that and cookies with pecans would be a hit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Gift Idea and oh so pretty all decorated up in that jar! LOVE the Burlap and that Gorgeous Flower! Have a great day! :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great project! Your gift jar is fabulous and look at that amazing flower! Beautiful and so rich looking~love it!
    I will stop to visit when I am back from vacation to see your creations :)
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful flower! Stunning project my friend!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sukie, this is exquisite! I am thoroughly and completely enamored with the purple flower... and I love how you scrunched it up! It's gorgeous atop the burlap and I love your gift itself. You will be appreciated (even more!) when these sweet treats are baked up to perfection. :o) Beautifully done, my sweet friend!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete