Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

October 14, 2016

Friends Friday with DCWV & Chameleon Pens

Happy Friday!  I am excited to be part of this fun filled Friday with DCWV and our friends over at Chameleon Pens!  This the second installment of this collaboration between the 2 design teams.  You will definitely want to head over to each of their pages to comment to win some goodies!
I am passionate about paisley which inspired me to create my card.  The paisley pattern is a huge part of the Indian culture and can be found everywhere from decor to henna to wedding attire. When I saw the paisley pattern in the DCWV Color and Create pages, I was immediately drawn to it.  I used the Chameleon Warm Tones 5 pen set to color my paisley image.  The colors in this set were eye catching and perfect.  These pens are so unique, I was amazed at how you can easily fuse the pen for a few seconds to create a shaded effect.  There is so much depth and definition with each individual pen.  It was relaxing to sit down and color in each of the details on my image.
After coloring my image, I cut it down to create the focal point of my card.  The image was matted on coordinating papers from the DCWV DIY Project Stack Paper Plants.  The pink papers from this stack were the perfect compliment to the colored image.  Once my card was matted, I felt it needed some additional details so I added a bit of doodling with my white gel pen and lots of pearl stickers around the paisley.  The finishing touch was a small hand cut flag with a sentiment from the APB You & Me stamp set.
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Don't forget to head on over to the DCWV & Chameleon Pens blogs to be entered in the giveaways!

11 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Sukie. Your coloring is perfection. The image is so elegant. Love this card my friend.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ MCC Shop ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, Sukie, this is stunning!! The paisley paper is so gorgeous!! I love how you accented it with the pearls!! It looks amazing!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love paisley, too, but this is on a whole 'nother level. The tiny detailing you added with the gemstones is positively lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! Paisley is my favorite pattern and pink is my favorite color...so this card is definitely squeal-worthy ;) I must say, you really brought those details to another level with the white pen dots and the pearls. Absolutely amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done my friend!!I love the pretty pink. Such a beautiful card.
    The CHAMELEON PENS are on my wish list!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous. I love the coloring and layers and the pearls made it extra special. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, Sukie!! Love those pearl accents!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! Sukie, this is stunning! Paisley is an exquisite pattern and this card showcases its beauty unlike any other. Your work with the pens is truly inspiring. The shades of pink are beautiful and you know how I feel about all of those pearls... this card makes me swoon. :) Your paper choice coordinates so beautifully with the paisley focal point. Spectacular work, my sweet and talented friend. :)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply BEAUTIFUL Sukie! The Paisley design is gorgeous and the colors you used to make it just come to life.. Such a lovely card!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete