Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

November 28, 2016

Craftwell - Christmas Countdown

Hello, this is my second post for the day and I am sharing a fun project for kids over on the Craftwell blog.  I created a festive countdown calendar for Christmas.
My project started with an old clipboard that I was getting ready to toss out and then decided to repurpose it.  I used my eBrush, the Siphon adapter and some gorgeous Dixie Bell Chalk paint in Rebel Yellow.  I mixed in the paint with some water in the glass bottle to use with the Siphon adapter.
The end result of my painting was a beautiful, chalky, matte finish with great coverage.  There was no priming required with the Dixie Belle Chalk paint.  I sanded the edges of the clipboard for a vintage appearance.  Next, I used the eBrush to transform my die cuts by shading the edges.
Several of the die cuts and a left over scrap paper were embossed with the Teresa Collins Design Grids embossing folder using my Cut n' Boss.  The added texture from the embossing folder combined with the eBrush shading bring the die cuts to life.
I ran each of the bases for the numbers through my Xyron sticker maker and adhered them to some scrapbooking paper to create my countdown calendar.
Everything was adhered to the clipboard base.  I embellished the clip with a bit of washi tape and a ribbon bow, both with the countdown theme.
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! This is such a cute and unique idea! I love the clipboard idea! You have been one busy lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, Sukie!! I love the clipboard!! What a great idea this is!! I've never heard of the ebrush but now I want one!! Love this my friend!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so CLEVER! LOVE the step By Step and it turned out so cool! I need to pull out my E-brush and make more stuff with it! :) Have a great day!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super COOL idea Sukie! You are so creative.. and now, I must add the E-brush to my wish list?! Hehe!
    Have a great day!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful and very creative Advent Calendar. Love design and the use of the Ebrush. I bought one last year and have never even opened it. You have inspired me to get it out and play.
    Have a creative day.
    Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ MCC Shop ♥

    ReplyDelete