Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

December 6, 2016

DCWV - December Challenge

Hello!  It's the beginning of the month and that means it's time for another challenge over at DCWV. For this month's challenge we have a special "mood board" challenge just in time for the holidays. Here is the mood board that was provided to the design team.
When I saw this gorgeous mix of images, colors and patterns, I was immediately inspired to thumb through my DCWV Christmas Plaid stack to create this layout page.  All of the papers are from the same stack with the exception of the reindeer and spruce stems which were cut from the DCWV All About Christmas Stack.  The reindeer was cut from the Winter Woodland cartridge and the spruce stems are Cottage Cutz dies. The gold doilies are from the DCWV 4x4 Paper Lace Stack.
I can't help but love all of the gold foil in these papers, it is hard to photograph but so elegant.  I went to my stash of embellishments and scattered a few snowflakes amongst the doilies.  Several punched branches and berries were also adhered along the edges of the photo mat.  The final finishing touch was some Holly Berry Trendy Twine.  I can't wait to add a picture of my families annual Christmas Eve get together.  I know this layout page will display one of those memories perfectly!
Head on over to DCWV to check out all of the design team projects and for details on how to enter this month's challenge for a chance to win a DCWV stack.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! The papers you used are gorgeous, and I love the delicate feel of the doilies and snowflakes. Great take on that mood board!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE this!! Stunning papers!! It is just BEAUTIFUL!!
    WOW! Love this!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this is so elegant and stunning, Sukie!! The papers are amazing!! You've showcased them to perfection!! I love the snowflakes and the deer!! This is spectacular my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely and Elegant Sukie! Beautiful Holiday Layout!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout! Fantastic papers and beautiful deer and pretty gold foil! Love it all!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete