Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

April 3, 2017

Craftwell - Bookmark

Happy Monday! Today I have a bookmark to share over on the Craftwell blog.  The design team was challenged to use the mustard yellow color for a project this month.  This color theme inspired me to create a bright and cheery bookmark for my project.
I found the perfect papers in the new DCWV Watercolor Garden stack.  I punched out some paper flowers using some scraps and found some coordinating embroidery floss. Unfortunately, none of my twine colors coordinated with the mustard yellow challenge.  To create a finished edge on my bookmark, I used my Cut 'n' Boss and a die from my collection.
The next step was to shade everything using my eBrush.  I intentionally used a light to dark shaded affect on my papers to keep everything from blending together.  This technique also helps to provide dimension to each of the layers, especially with the flowers.
I adhered the sentiment tag and a couple of decorative strips to the bookmark.  My Glue Dots were perfect for layering my flowers.
A few bling stickers finished off each of the flowers.  I used the Sizzix Twist & Style Tool to create the twisted embroidery floss for my bookmark.  The different shades in the embroidery floss work beautifully with my bookmark.  Even with a monochromatic theme, the eBrush helps to provide extra depth and dimension.
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a wonderfully crafty day!

9 comments:

  1. I love all the different elements you used to create such a beautiful bookmark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous, Sukie!! I love the colors and the design!! I haven't had a chance to play with my eBrush yet, but you make me want to!! Love this, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the color! It's really Pretty Sukie... Fabulous Book Mark! Have a Wonderful DAY!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the gorgeous bookmark! Fabulous job my friend!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful bookmark! Love the extra pictures of the steps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sukie- you are the winner of the Sizzix giveaway! Can you email me your info at EileenHull@aol.com? Thanks and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I messaged you my info!

      Delete