Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

July 24, 2017

Birthday Wishes

Hello!  Today I have another inky project to share using some Oxide Inks and stamps.  I'm loving the Oxide Inks and I can't wait to pick up the new colors that were just released.  For this card I used 2 colors to create a unique looking background for my card.
I used Fired Brick and Faded Jeans and did some random ink blending on my card base.  The ink blenders gave the card stock a smooth, chalky finish.  Next I added the Medium Round Medallion stamp from Victorine Originals to a stamping block and sprayed it with some water.  I stamped the Medallion randomly all over my card base, removing some of the access water off of the card base by dabbing it.
As my card base dried, I used the same stamp and heat embossed it on a piece of paper with Ranger Super Fine White Embossing Power.  Then I added the Fired Brick ink over the embossed image, again wiping off any access ensuring the white embossed image looked bright.
I mixed a bit of acrylic white paint with some water and splattered my card base with it.  While waiting for my card base to dry, I fussy cut the medallion.  I used some Classic Navy Trendy Twine and Pink and Main's Hello Sweet stamp set to add to my card.  The sentiment was stamped on a Fish Tail Banner from Gina Marie Designs and wrapped with the twine. A few Ocean Sparkle Enamel Dots were the perfect finishing touch on my card.
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a wonderful day!
Challenge:

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Sukie, this is stunning!! The background looks amazing!! I love the colors!! The paint splatters are fabulous!! This is so artistic and gorgeous, my friend!! I love, love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing Sukie! I LOVE the new Oxides too... the colors are outstanding just like your card! Beautiful as always my friend! Have a great day!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Sukie! Fun background and awesome colors! I love the splatters of white paint to!
    Have a great evening!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not sure how I missed commenting on this post because I thought I did! LOL! Oh well. I'm back to do so now ;) This card is fantastic! I love the way you created the background using the medallion stamp and water. Distress Oxides/Inks are so much fun to get creative with!

    ReplyDelete